Sickles!


I've been building up a bike. It's a 79 xs650 and it's the first motorcycle I've ever ridden.  I've always liked the look of old choppers and figured I'd want to make mine into one. It wasn't until I actually dove headfirst into the world of choppers did I realize there were so many options and specific "period" styles. Panhad, knucklehead, what did all these terms mean?!?! Well here I am now, almost a year later, and not much closer on my own bike. What I have learned though, is a ton of basic maintenance and I sure have learned a lot about the history and culture behind custom motorycles.

While my bike is no Harley, I think I am going to use the above two bikes as inspiration. I've gone through several phases of which style I want to go for and I've landed on these two bikes, more specifically the lower picture of the Ironhead. This thing is probably the raddest swingarm chopper I've ever seen. Slightly extended forks, zero rake, lowered rigid struts on the rear, solo seat and p-pad, it's got it all. Perfect late 60's or early 70's chopper!

So with that, I should add that I'll be posting little bits of motorcycle stuff here and there on the blog. I'll be doing a lot more work on my own bike in the coming months so I'll try to keep the updates going on there. Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment